I was thinking today about my fragile or weak link zones. These physical zones are triggered by an event, one-on-one interaction with a frustrating person or a memory of something hurtful.
As I thought about it, I realized my trigger is often my memories. These crazy memories resurface when an event matches a past scenario.
Memories, light the corners of my mind … Memories, may be beautiful and yet what’s too painful to remember we simply choose to forget.
I wish I could forget the memories that cause me so many problems. Here are a few memories that resurface, unknowingly, when a current situation causes the switch to flip to “on”:
- The little boy in first grade that kicked my shin so hard, laughed and ran away.
- The team leader that didn’t select me for his team until I was the last person standing.
- The teacher that screamed in my face, in front of my classmates, “You’re no good with numbers.”
- The sister that left me behind when she chose another sister to take on a summer vacation.
- A parent who always said, “You talk too much, can you just be quiet for a while?”
- The relative that screams and yells in your face like many family members on the Real Housewives of New Jersey!
It’s amazing how I can see the connections from the above events weaseling their way into my current situations.
My rule-of-thumb is to feel the emotions and feel them deeply. I then repeat silently to myself, “What is going on with me right now and where is this emotion coming from? Please, oh please ego, become my servant and not my master!”
I just want to thank my body, mind and soul for creating a healing zone with this perfect defense system. I’m slowly strengthening my fragile and weak links into a solid anchor for more balance in my life.
Until later, I send you my heartfelt blessings and wishes for a prosperous, loving and abundant life!